Bienvenido “Nonoy” Oplas, Jr.
Founder and President, Minimal Government Thinkers, a free market think tank in Manila . Fellow, South East Asia Network for Development (SEANET), a Kuala Lumpur-based regional center that advocates free trade and freer mobility of people in the region. Both institutes are members of the Economic Freedom Network (EFN) Asia.
Also a Fellow of Stratbase-Albert del Rosario Institute (ADRi), a consultancy and public policy think tank in Manila.
Wrote two books, Health Choices and Responsibilities (2011) published by Central Books Supply (Quezon City), and Liberalism, Rule of Law and Civil Society (2014), published by the Friedrich Naumann Foundation for Freedom (FNF) Philippine Office.
Graduated AB Economics from the University of the Philippines, School of Economics (UPSE) in 1985, Diploma in Development Economics (DipDE) in 1998.
Columnist for the following papers:
- thelobbyist.biz, Less Government column, 2012 to August 2014
- interaksyon.com, Fat Free Economics column, March 2012 to end-2014
- BusinessWorld, Weekender, late April to August 2015
- BusinessWorld, My Cup of Liberty column, October 2015 to present
- Business 360, a monthly business magazine in Kathmandu, Nepal; “Free Market” column, Nov. 2012 to present.
Owner of these blogs:
- Government and Taxes, http://funwithgovernment.blogspot.com/
- Electricity in Asia, https://electricityasia.wordpress.com/
- Trade in Asia, https://seanet2.wordpress.com/
- Intellectual Property in Asia, https://ipinasia.wordpress.com/
- Economic Freedom Network (EFN) Asia conferences, https://efnasia2.wordpress.com/
- Travel and tourism, http://travelpinoy.blogspot.com/
- Forest farming and terraces building, http://sustaindevelopment.blogspot.com/
- Rotary notes in D3830, http://rotarianpinoy.blogspot.com/